Free agency is in full swing. Teams look to add pieces to their roster in order to compete, now or in the future. For teams like Cleveland, Houston, San Antonio it’s about chasing the Warriors, adding a point of difference player that will take down the superteam. For others like the Timberwolves and Sixers it’s about adding some experience in the right places to allow their young cores to grow and develop into a championship winning team. For the rest it’s about staying relevant in a competition that seems to be dominated by the same teams every year. Either way it’s an interesting period that throws around plenty of curve balls.
- Golden State add some swag to the roster with Nick Young signing a 1 year/$5.2 million deal.
- Dion Waiters keeps his talents in South Beach by re-signing with the Heat on a 4 year/$52 million deal.
- Andre Roberson re-signs with the Thunder on a 3 year/$30 million to continue to bolster the team’s stocks ahead of the 2017-18 season.
- Gordon Hayward chooses the Boston Celtics over the Jazz/Heat. The All-Star wing agreed to a 4 year/$128 million deal
- Danilo Gallinari joins the L.A Clippers via a sign & trade deal that also saw Jamal Crawford end up in Atlanta.
- George Hill on the way to Sacramento on a 3 year deal
- Kevin Durant takes a pay cut by signing a 2 year/$53 million deal with the Warriors
- Zach Randolph joining the Kings on a 2 year deal
- Forward Patrick Patterson signs a 3 year deal with the OKC Thunder
- Darren Collison set to replace Jeff Teague at the PG position in Indiana by signing a 2 year deal
- Omri Casspi leaves the Kings to join the reigning champs on a 1 year deal. Talk about a culture change..
- Paul Millsap forms a dynamite front court with Nikola Jokic in Denver
- P.J Tucker lands in Houston on three-year deal.
- Jeff Teague signs with Minnesota to replace the often maligned Ricky Rubio at point guard
- Taj Gibson also joins Minnesota to add to the Chicago flavour. TimberBulls??
- Kyle Lowry & Serge Ibaka stay in Toronto.
- Former high pick, Ben McLemore, signs with Memphis on a two-year deal. Yawn.
- Kyle Korver inks a new deal with the Cavaliers
- Nene to stay in Houston on a three-year deal.
- Amir Johnson & J.J. Redick on the way to Philadelphia to team-up with F.E.D.S
- Shooting guard Jodie Meeks to join Eastern Conference challenger, the Washington Wizards
- Veterans David West, Shaun Livingston & Andre Igoudala staying in Golden State. Why would you leave anyway?
- Jose Calderon joining the Cavaliers on the veteran’s minimum.
- Former R.O.T.Y Michael Carter-Williams joins the Hornets on a 1yr/$2.3 million deal.
- Blake Griffin wants to be THE MAN at the Clippers, re-signs with the team
- Jrue Holiday gets arguably overpaid in New Orleans with a 5yr/$126 million deal.
- Tony Snell gets a relatively massive 4yr/$46 million contract with the Bucks. Must see something in the youngster..
- G’Day San Antonio! Aussie Patty Mills staying with the Spurs on a multi-year deal.
- Another Aussie, Joe Ingles, signs big deal to stay in Utah- $52 million over 4 years.
- Steph Curry signs the biggest deal in NBA history to stay with the Warriors (5 years/$201 million)
Follow Posterized for all the latest trade & free agency deals plus all the whispers from around the league.