This is a busy time in the NBA. The draft has just finished, trade deals have been reached and free agency is kicking into gear. Rumours fly around left, right and centre. Some stick but most don’t and are just general chatter amongst fans. Follow all the important whispers around trade deals and free agency signings with Posterized.
- Carmelo Anthony is reported to be willing to waive his no trade clause if it means he joins the Cleveland Cavaliers or Houston Rockets. The Cavs are reluctant to include Kevin Love in any Melo deal that will be a major stumbling block. The Rockets on the other hand have reportedly offered a package involving Ryan Anderson + picks but the Knicks aren’t biting. A buy-out could also be on the cards but unlikely with the Knicks wanting to gain something for such an important player.
- Miami Heat free agent James Johnson and the Utah Jazz have expressed mutual interest. After losing out in the Gordon Hayward sweepstakes the Jazz have turned their attention to the handy wing player to help fill the void.
- Jamal Crawford won’t be in Atlanta for long with the multiple sixth man of the year winner stating he has no intention to play for the Hawks. He will be waived by the team and have his choice of where to play as a free agent. Crawford seems to be keen on joining the Lakers to play behind Lonzo Ball with the Golden State Warriors also displaying some interest.
- The New York Knicks attempting to find a veteran point guard presence to mentor young star Frank Ntilikana. With most of the top veteran point guards already signed in free agency the Knicks will have to look deep into some rosters to find what they are looking for. Rajon Rondo remains an option with the team having internal discussions about the veteran. With Shelvin Mack also high on the Knicks list to fill this position.
- San Antonio Spurs surprise packet, Jonathan Simmons may find his way to New York later in free agency with the Knicks reportedly offering a sizeable contract for the youngster.
- Otto Porter Jnr. has been offered a multi-year contract by the Brooklyn Nets but the Washington Wizards are expected to match the offer sheet, leaving Porter a Wizard for the time being.
- Former top pick and Miami Heat guard Dion Waiters has attracted plenty of interest across the league. The Lakers and Knicks have put their hats in the ring with the Heat now also in a better position to offer $$ given that Gordon Hayward has chosen Boston. By waiving Chris Bosh, the Heat have opened up $25 million of cap space that will help their cause in retaining Waiters after somewhat of a breakout season last year.
- Derrick Rose will meet with the L.A Clippers tomorrow, his likely destination should the Knicks renounce his rights. Milwaukee still in the hunt after Rose met with them today.
- Rajon Rondo still yet to find a home. As mentioned the Knicks have some interest with both L.A teams also showing interest. He has a strong relationship with Clippers players plus Doc Rivers and the Lakers seem to be showing the most interest of all the teams.
- Following the signing of Gordon Hayward, Boston renounced the rights for Kelly Olynyk making him an unrestricted free agent. Teams have since swarmed on the young big man in an attempt to bolster their front line. The Indiana Pacers and Atlanta Hawks have shown the most interest so far.
- Shaqtin a fool favourite, JaVale McGee assessing his options by meeting with the Clippers. Still engaged with the Warriors and likely to stay from reports.
- Golden State still showing interest in bringing the often maligned Nick Young to the Bay Area
Stay up to date with all the breaking news, rumours and opinion on our Facebook page or Twitter channel.