The NBA trade deadline is less than 3 weeks away and the trade winds are starting to pick up. Here are the latest trade talks and rumours from the NBA world:
- The Portland Trailblazers have begun shopping injured center Festus Ezeli.
- Jahlil Okafor is likely to be traded in the coming days with the Pelicans & Bulls leading the race for his services. Reports suggest however that the Bulls are the most likely destination for the second year player.
- The Nets are looking to reinvigorate their line-up and are attempting to deal Brook Lopez in order to do so. Reports suggest the Pelicans are interested to pair him with Anthony Davis. The deal that is being discussed involves Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, Tim Frazier & a 2018 1st round pick for the big man.
- The Atlanta Hawks will not continue to trade away players in the lead up to the deadline with the team strongly denying that Paul Millsap is on his way out.
- Denver has placed injury prone forward Danilo Gallinari on thr trade table. No serious suitors have come forward but expect teams in a playoff position to come knocking in the coming weeks.
- The race for Magic power forward Serge Ibaka is heating up as a number of playoff teams contend for his services. Currently the Miami Heat, Toronto Raptors & Houston Rockets are the most interested with each having plenty to gain by adding the former Thunder big man.
- Paul George remains on the Celtics radar but a deal to bring the All Star to Boston seems unlikely at this stage.